Ember is a graduate of Hays Academy of Hair Design in Hays, Kansas! We are excited to feature her in this blog and look forward to seeing her successes in the salon!
1. Where are you from?
2. What was the defining moment in you choosing to attend cosmetology school?
Growing up, I was always interested in hair and makeup. I would find myself on YouTube for hours just scouring for videos and tutorials. My favorite part of fashion magazines where the hair and makeup articles and “how-to” pieces. I loved learning new things, and practicing on my friends!
3. What fears did you have and how did you overcome them?
Change. This industry can be very scary at times. It is always changing, and there are new, talented individuals coming into this industry every day. The way I overcame that fear was realizing that if I was not willing to change and to grow, my clients would find someone who would.
4. What were some of your favorite aspects of Hays Academy of Hair Design and your time in school?
I loved Celebration Fridays. It was such a nice opportunity to recognize the fellow students and their awesome accomplishments. I also really appreciated all of the fundraising we did for the local community. It is so wonderful knowing that Hays Academy of Hair Design cares about not only the people of Hays, but the surrounding areas. I also loved having the “Nuts & Bolts” business program. It is something I use every single day!
5. Where are you working now?
I rent a studio at Studio 8 in Hays.
6. How long have you been there?
My time at Studio 8 has been short – I just recently started renting the space!
7. Are you happy with your decision to enter this wonderful industry?
I am! This industry is incredible – it can be challenging, rewarding, uplifting, and it is always changing. Each day always brings something new and exciting!
8. What career goals do you have and what are your plans to achieve them?
My career goals are to continue to grow in every way possible. I strive to be a better cosmetologist than I was yesterday, and to always push myself to do the best that I can.