February 26, 2016
MUD Makeup Tutorial-Natural Look by Kirstin Holliday
The 2016 make up trends have come alive after New York Fashion week! Here at Hays Academy we have been studying to provide you with the newest looks! One of our favorite looks is a very highlighted natural make up look that can be worn during the day and also at night. It takes minimal effort and can be done various ways using either cream or powder products.
To start this look:
- first apply a really good moisturizer, followed by your favorite primer.
- Next apply your foundation (liquid or cream). *a medium to light coverage is best. The goal is to look natural, so it is best if you can still see your freckles, etc.
If you are going to use cream highlighter to achieve this look, you will use that now. If you are highlighting with powder, you will need to set your foundation first.
If you are using a cream highlighter:
- Start by applying the highlighter down the bridge of your nose, on your forehead, and on the cheek bones. *Don’t be shy about it!* (This is a very highlighted and dewy look!!)
- Blend using a sponge
- Set foundation with a light dusting of translucent powder
If you are using a powder highlighter, use a light dusting of transparent powder over your foundation, then highlight the same areas using your powder and blending with a fluffy brush.
The blush used for this look should be something very soft and natural like a light pink.
- Place blush on the cheek bones.
Fill in brows using either a pencil or an eye shadow for a softer effect.
Eyeshadow for this look should be 1-2 shades darker than your skin tone. I prefer a Matte tope color depending on skin tone. You will also need a shadow 1-2 shades lighter than your skin tone. Depending on your preference, you could use something slightly shimmery.
- Start with your darker color and place it in the crease of your eye blending it upwards and slightly out. By doing this you are contouring your eye.
- Next use a lighter shade and put it under the brow bone, and on the lid. You can blend this color into the darker shade for a flawless natural transition.
Apply a very thin line of eye liner as close to the lash line as possible. You can use whatever type of liner you prefer, however using black or brown shadow will give you the softest effect.
Apply your favorite mascara, or a couple coats of it.
Finish off by applying your favorite lipstick. The great thing about this look is that it looks great with a nude or natural lip for the day, and you can spice it up in the evening by using a bold lip color.