January 29, 2016
Choosing the Right School for You! by Hilary Martinez
The idea of a career in cosmetology is exciting and overwhelming at the same time. You have tons of things to look forward to from making life-long friends to fulfilling your dream and starting your career. It is more important than anything else to find a school that fits you as an individual. I encourage you to make a list of all the things you expect out of a cosmetology school and take it with you to all the schools you visit. Also, I encourage you to visit as many as you can.
Here is a small list of things you might want to look for.
- The Environment/Culture: When you walk into the school and take your tour is it somewhere where you feel comfortable? Is it somewhere you can see yourself spending a lot of time?
- Program: What are you going to be learning? What is their cutting program? Do they have a business training program? Things of that nature.
- Education Help: Do you feel like they are there for your benefit? If you need extra help with your studies are they going to give you the attention that you need? What are their academic standards?
- Class Size: This also goes hand in hand with how often the school starts classes? Do you want to be a part of a large student body or do you prefer a smaller class size?
- Tools and Equipment Provided: What is provided for you as far as your shears or irons? What is the quality of the tools?
Make sure you are doing the necessary research so that you pick the right school for you. Just like your shoes, you need to find the proper fit.