December 1, 2017
[vc_row bg_color=””][vc_column width=”1/1″][ish_image image=”3593″ size=”large” align=”center”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row bg_color=””][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_column_text]Graduate Showcase with Andrea Kuhn! Hays Academy is excited to deliver information from our graduates for all current students, future students and graduate clients to enjoy!
If you are a graduate who would be interested in being showcased, or if your stylist is a Hays Academy graduate and you would like to nominate them, please email [email protected]
1. Where are you from?
I am from Sublette, Kansas.
2. What was the defining moment in you choosing to attend cosmetology school?
I wouldn’t say there was one exact moment, going to cosmetology school was something I had always wanted to do. Once I toured HAHD I knew it was the right fit for me and that made me take the leap to start school.
3. What fears did you have and how did you overcome them?
My biggest fear was not being able to build a clientele since I’m not from Hays and didn’t know many people. I ran a lot of specials and did a lot of promoting and after a few years it finally happened.
4. What were some of your favorite aspects of Hays Academy of Hair Design and your time in school?
My favorite part of school were the instructors and the atmosphere. The instructors were always willing to answer questions and help you learn as much as possible. The atmosphere was always so positive and I feel like that is very important.
5. Where are you working now?
I work at Redz Design Studio in Hays.
6. How long have you been there?
I have been at Redz for 9 years in January.
7. Are you happy with your decision to enter this wonderful industry?
I am. I love what I do and am always excited to go to work and make people feel good about themselves.
8. What career goals do you have and what are your plans to achieve them?
One of my goals is to keep learning. This industry is always changing so it is important to me to go to as many classes and hair shows as I can.
9. What are some of the highlights of your career so far?
I would have to say going to the American Beauty Hair Show in Chicago. It was fun to be around so many other people that had the same interests as me.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row bg_color=””][vc_column width=”1/1″][ish_image image=”3594″ size=”large”][/vc_column][/vc_row]