June 21, 2017
1. Where are you from?
I was born in North Carolina. I was an army brat, so I moved a lot. I would have to say that Waynesville, Mo is my home.
2. What was the defining moment in you choosing to attend cosmetology school?
Always having had passion for the cosmetology field. One day, I just decided to go for it! I had dabbled in many career fields before I found the one meant for me. (EMT, dental assistant, retail, caregiver)
3. What fears did you have and how did you overcome them?
My biggest fear was that I would not be able to survive on a cosmetologist’s income. Boy, was I wrong! I learned that as long as you have passion, drive, and the willingness to learn… the income you can earn is limitless.
4. What were some of your favorite aspects of Hays Academy of Hair Design and your time in school?
Looking back, I really enjoyed my instructors and learning Sassoon cutting. It’s a friendly environment filled with great people who are always there to help.
5. Where are you working now?
Rebellious Salon as the owner and a stylist!
6. How long have you been there?
Since December of 2015, and still one of the best decisions I have made.
7. Are you happy with your decision to enter this wonderful industry?
I am ecstatic about my decision. This industry is always changing! There is always something new to learn and experience. I have supportive clients who love my work and I truly enjoying spending time with all of them!
If you are interested in learning more about the opportunities available at Hays Academy of Hair Design, please feel free to contact Randi in Hays via call or text at (785) 628-6624 or Krista in Salina at (785) 833-2280. As always, check us out on social media or visit us online at haysacademy.edu.